SACRED HEART CHURCH, HILLSBOROUGH
R. C. Diocese of Hallam
Diocese of Hallam charity no: 512021
A Message of Hope and Solidarity
From the Parish Desk
Dearly beloved parishioners,
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic and following government guidance and expert advice from the NHS, the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales has mandated that we no longer gather for any public acts of worship in our churches. This suspension took effect from Friday evening, 20th March 2020. Consequently, the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days are suspended.
For us in the Sacred Heart Parish, Hillsborough, all parish gatherings and events are accordingly suspended till further notice. As your priest, I will celebrate daily Masses without a public congregation for global healing of the pandemic and your individual intentions.
Sacred Heart Parish Response.
- The Sacred Heart Church will remain open on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 6 pm for private devotions, prayers and visits to the Blessed Sacrament. In visiting, take great care to observe the practices of personal hygiene and social distancing.
- Beware of fake news and misleading information on online media or WhatsApp groups. For reliable information check https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- The parish weekly newsletter/bulletin will be available online. Important information and links to live-streaming of Masses will be included. I will provide a periodic video message of support and encouragement.
- A team of parishioners and volunteers (send me an email if you would like to be a part of the group) are available to provide support through:
- A telephone support service, for a listening ear and a friendly voice for all those in self-isolation, feeling anxious and vulnerable.
- A pickup and drop off of provisions/shopping/groceries and pharmacy service.
- Groceries delivery for those experiencing adverse financial hardship and finding it difficult to cope.
- Please contact us on 0114 2343580 or text the mobile 07405918029 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finances: If you would like to support your parish during this time, please donate by standing order, please set this up with your bank. The parish bank account details are Sort Code: 40-41-07 Acct no. 21094319. Or give online here https://www.give.net/20277734. If you are a UK taxpayer, please confirm that you would like to reclaim Gift Aid on your donation. This will add 25p to every £1 you give.
- Prayer: In these uncertain and threatening times, daily prayers, acts of kindness and mutual support, especially for the most vulnerable among us will continue to grow. May the words of the Bible continue to strengthen us: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7).
Be assured of my prayers and pray for me also.
Yours in Christ,
Fr. Michael Achile Umameh (Parish Priest, Sacred Heart Church, Hillsborough). Monday 23 March 2020